These drop earrings are of fine quality tanzanite gemstone with a feminine oval and pear shapes with a round white diamond in a bezel setting.
Found in just one place on earth, tanzanite is a relatively recent discovery. This blue variety of zoisite was named for Tanzania, the country where it was found, by Tiffany & Co. Because crystals show different colors depending on viewing direction, cutters can choose bluish purple or the more favored pure blue or violetish blue hue depending on how much weight they want to retain from the rough. Tanzanite has only one source: the hills of Merelani in northern Tanzania.
- Crafted in 18 karat white gold.
- Total of 6.05 tcw tanzanite and .48 ctw round brilliant diamonds, G / SI1.
- Oval tanzanites - 8.12 x 10.14 x 5.18mm and 7.94 x 10.09 x 5.10mm
- Pear tanzanites - 8.19 x 12.09 x 4.48mm and 8.17 x 12.06 x 4.37mm
- Tanzanite gemstones were cut in Idar-Oberstein, Germany, by world-renowned gemstone cutters.